Zak is a tool that converts one or more mp3 files into a single mp3 or mp4/m4a/m4b file.
The primary use for Zak is audio books. Most audio books are distributed in several files, usually one per chapter. Converting these files into a single .m4b allows one to take advantage of the iPod's bookmarking features.
Zak is written in python using the PyGTK module. Zak is designed for GNU/Linux, but it is likely possible to get it to work on other systems without too much trouble.
1. Locate your download and unpack it:
tar xzf zak-0.3.tar.gz
2. cd into the unarchived directory:
3. Use sudo (or root) to run the install:
sudo python setup.py install
You should now be able to run zak from the command line!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Two important features were added: room tagging and a localization architecture.
· A complete Italian translation was added.
· ome bugs were also fixed in online booking and the channel manager connectivity plugin.
· Minor issues were resolved in the invoices' graphical representation.