Xmmix is a premium audio mixer utility for the X window system using the Motif graphical user interface.
Xmmix offers superior features and look-and-feel. It is designed to be attractive, feature-rich and intuitive to use. It adapts to your sound hardware configuration and displays the appropriate set of controls. It also allows control settings to be saved and retrieved.
Xmmix is supported on Linux as well as other UNIX platforms that runs X11/Motif and the Open Sound System (OSS) package from 4Front technologies. OSS supports many different platforms, including IBM AIX, BSDI BSD/OS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux. Sun Solaris, SCO Open Server, SCO UnixWare and others. Also, OSS supports a very wide range of audio hardware. Visit the Open Sound System web site for details. Linux systems running the ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) sound drivers are also supported.
Note: Open Sound System was formerly known as "Unix Sound System" and "VoxWare". OSS/Free, a free version of Open Sound System, is provided with Linux. OSS/Free is also known as a Linux Sound Driver.
- Open Sound System API compliant
- Linux sound driver compliant
- Input Controls
- Alt PCM
- Rec Mon
- Output Controls
- Master Volume
- Rec Level
- Miscellaneous Controls
- Input Gain
- Output Gain
- Reset to startup-settings
- Selector for recording source
- All level controls can be locked for simultaneous control of left and right channels, or unlocked for individual adjustments.
- Bass and Treble "center" button to set to flat setting.
- Appropriate controls are displayed, based on sound hardware capability and configuration.
- Write mixer settings to file
- Read settings from file
- Auto-initialization upon startup
- Supports running multiple copies of xmmix
- Attractive, intuitive-to-use
- Motif user interface with 3D appearance