XO Wave 1.0.3
XO Wave is a complete Digital Audio Workstation package.
XO Wave lets you record, edit, mix and burn all in one package.
CD Burning is easy: just import audio, mark your tracks and burn your red book master. Not only that, but any session can be burned to CD in just a few clicks -- great for checking out mixes in the car!
Record your music from scratch with XO Wave, or add your own vocals and solos to your favorite songs. XO Wave is great for commercial releases, demos or just a little Karaoke fun.
XO Wave is a complete Digital Audio Workstation package, featuring non-destructive editing, effects, and automation, as well as "Edit Softening", real-time cross-fades, and lots more.
Here are some key features of "XO Wave":
· Red Book CD Mastering: CD Mastering is easy, just mark your tracks, create a master and burn!
· Edit while XO Wave works: Unlike some other audio software, XO Wave lets you work on your session while it imports audio, bounces, and burns CDs in the background. No more waiting for a file format conversion or CD Burn to finish!
· Edit Softening: XO Wave automatically removes those annoying pops and ticks that occur at edit points.
· Double-Precision Math: Internal calculations are made using at least 64-bit double-precision math. What does that mean? It means better sound than the 32-bit workstation you're using now.
· Real-Time Cross Fades: Unlike some other workstations, cross fades are calculated in real time, meaning no truncation (and, therefore better sound), and faster editing -- especially on the long fades.
· Unlimited Effects, Tracks, Undos: Still using an editor with one level of undo? Just 8 tracks? Get XO Wave!
· Intuitive, Non-destructive Interface: XO Wave is easy to use and you're never at risk of deleting a recording by editing over it -- so you're always free to try stuff.
· Versioning: Versions let you save a session as it was at a particular time -- great for experimenting and not worrying if you'll be able to get it the way it was before.
You are free to use XO Wave without purchasing it, and most features are available even if you don't pay, including recording, mixing, editing and burning CDs. If you choose to purchase XO Wave, you will be allowed unlimited effects (non-paying users can have up to five effects), full speed CD Burns (non-paying users will have limited burn speed) and the option of using double-precision math for all internal calculation.
· non-paying users can have up to five effects
· non-paying users will have limited burn speed
· Java v1.4 or later
· Built on Debian Testing (Sarge).
· Works on a variety of distributions.
· 256MB RAM recommended.
· May require installation of some compatibility libraries
What's New in This Release:
· This release includes a number of minor bugfixes especially associated with the Mac platform.
· It also includes some workarounds for trouble reported with video on Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard".
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!