XMMS VQF Plugin is the native Plugin for XMMS. I felt it was important to get it out there when I was pretty sure there was no serious bugs. If you do find a bug, read the INSTALL and ChangeLog files for details of what to do.
Kindly don't send mails of the nature, It sucks or, it's broke with no additional information. I am confident there won't be need for mails like that though.
Compiling is usually trivial, ./configure, make, make install. Under Debian, it depends on the libglib1.2-dev and libgtk1.2-dev packages so you'll need to install them.
However, XMMS VQF Plugin also depends on a binary SDK, it will not work with newer compilers. Late 3.2 compilers and all 3.3 compilers are known to now work unless the std namespace is explicitly disabled for the g++ build.
If you use a recent compiler, download the binary version of the plugin instead. If you have your input plugins somewhere other than /usr/local/lib/xmms/Input, you will need to add a --prefix to the ./configure.
What's New in This Release:
· Compile with recent versions of g++
· Less likely to crash with weird headers Vqfplugin 0.93
· Removed bug for VQF's that ended too early
· VQF's with bad headers will now be played Vqfplugin 0.91
· Fixed stupid compile errors
· Allow basic tag editting Vqfplugin 0.9
· Made length report 3 seconds less it doesn't appear to end too soon
· Added view file info box