XMMS DVB Input Plugin is a plugin for XMMS for users with a DVB-S (Digital Video Broadcast/Satellite) PCI adapter supported by the driver from LinuxTV to record and receive audio streams from this adapter.
The incoming MPEG-1 layer II audio data is decompressed and fed to XMMS which can then in turn process it any way it pleases. At the same time the plugin can optionally write the original MPEG stream to file for archiving or further processing at a later time.
Recordings can be automatically split either by predefined intervals or whenever the energy level drops below a configurable amount for an (also configurable) duration.
· DVB-S PCI adapter (obviously)
· driver from LinuxTV (version 1.0.0-pre2 or later)
· X MultiMedia System (version 1.2.7)
· Lame MP3 library (libmp3lame)
What's New in This Release:
· This latest release fixes some minor bugs and adds support for retrieval and display of EPG (Electronic Program Guide) information for the selected service (if provided by the broadcaster).
· Sorry it took so long, but due to some major remodeling work I was without decent satellite reception for quite some time -- and I didn't want to release anything I wasn't able to test.