XMMPlayer is an input plugin for XMMS that allows you to play video files from within XMMS using MPlayer as a back-end.
XMMPlayer currently detects AVI/MPEG, QuickTime, RealMedia, .BIN and ASF(WMV, WMA) files by identifying them using file-signatures ("magic"). OGG movies are detected by their extension (".OGM").
Please remember that is product is still in beta-stage and may not work on all systems and with all video files MPlayer supports. See the README section below for more info.
Here are some key features of "XMMPlayer":
· local file playback of AVI, MPEG, QuickTime and OGG movies using
· playback of HTTP and MMS media streams (see below)
· Playback of (individual) VCD tracks or DVD titles (see below)
· Shows info (length, audio-(nit)rate / channels) in XMMS
· uses magic to detect AVI, MPEG, RealMedia and QuickTime movies (checks for .ogm extension to detect OGG movies, this to avoid MPlayer playing OGG sound files, which have the same magic identifier)
· pause and seek in files from within xmms
· Constant, skinned and dockable video window (can be turned off in options)
What's New in This Release:
· No more crashes when playing WMA with skinned window enabled (hopefully)
· Improved DVD / VCD support
· Improved audio-only support (although seeking seems to be broken for WMA)
· Audio output device is now saved to the config file (thanks to "damn I forgot your name and didn't keep a log")
· Added tv mode (tv:// tv://channel) (thanks to Albrecht Lohoefener)
· Updated autotools