X Audio Database 0.1
X Audio Database is a software for storing information about all the audio files that you have on your system.
The interface provides the way to add files to the database, remove files from the database, search the database, etc. This interface also provides a way to play the audio files using XMMS as a player. The interface currently only supports .mp3 files and displays the files using the Title, Artist and Album information on the ID3 tags present in the .mp3 files. The goal of this project is to expand this to other types of audio files, such as Ogg, etc.
XAD is not a playlist or a replacement for XMMS' playlist. While it is true that it can interact with XMMS to get information about its playlist and to add/remove files into XMMS' playlist, XAD itself is just a database to store your files. This is especially useful when you have to search your collection of audio files for a certain file. The "Search" functionality of XAD provides you a way to search for files that match certain criteria. This "Search" functionality provides you a way to "create" a playlist based on whatever criteria is given.
The database currently is just a text file. This will change soon enough to some other database, such as MySQL or such to facilitate easier and better searches.
The interface is a "view" into the database. Although the idea of a view is not yet fully realized, it will be in the near future with the capability to provide multiple views into the database, using multiple windows that provide the same interface. Thus it would be possible to search for one set of files on one interface (creating one "view") and another set of files on another interface (creating another "view").
Only tested on FreeBSD for now. Also doesnt contain a 'configure' script yet. So Makefile has to be manually modified to get the right library paths.
Here are some key features of "X Audio Database":
· Display MP3 files using ID3 tags
· Automatically store and retrieve the list of displayed files at the end and start of each execution.
· Recursively add audio files from all subdirectories under a path into the database.
· Selectively view files based on search criteria.
· Send selected files to XMMS to enqueue or play right away.
· Mark files that are in XMMS' playlist.
What's New in This Release:
· util.h (x_strcasestr): Prototype.
· util.c (x_strcasestr): New function.
· player.c (player_add_files): If xmms is not already playing, start playing it now. Also changed main.c (refresh_playlist_clicked): New function.(create_menubar): Added menu item "Refresh Playlist".
· database.c (database_find): Use x_strcasestr instead of strcasestr since strcasestr is a FreeBSD4.7+ function.
· LICENSE: Added BSD's license also since the program is using strcasestr from their libc.
· TODO: Added more TODO items. Synced to webpage.