WMix is a dockapp mixer for OSS or ALSA.
Supports mousewheel to adjust current channel volume, and can be controlled remotely with SIGUSR1 / SIGUSR2 to adjust the volume, too. It can use a configuration file to control some of the features.
Here are some key features of "WMix":
· This is a complete dockapp mixer utilizing the OSS mixer API
· Has a nice On-Screen-Display to visualize current volume levels
· Can adjust main volume, balance, recording status, and mute/unmute channels
· Supports mousewheel to adjust the volume settings
· Supports user specified signals to adjust the volume remotely
· User configuration file can be used to set options
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a 3 years old bug about volume level showing up as "0" when it's actually set to 10. Thank to all 20 or so people who e-mailed me about this.
· Changed struct mixer_info name to allow compiling wmix under 2.6.1+ kernels.
· Thanks Neil Burch for the patch.
· Added a patch to enable exclusion of channels from display - allows you to
· remove mixer channels you never use. adds '-e ' command line option
· which can be repeated any number of times. Thanks to Nicolas Descomps .
· Added #include since glibc finally fixed most of the includes since 2001.