UPG was developed in order to combine wide range content of online radio-stations with the convenience and technological advantages of podcasting. The idea of UPG is to rip mp3 streams from internet and "convert" it to podacsts in fully automatic mode.
Here are some key features of "UPG":
· schedule radio shows for recording
· define podcast channels
· generate dynamic podcast feeds (rss files) for recorded files
· subscribe from iTunes (or any other podder) directly to UPG's RSS feeds
· create your own custom podcasts from any collections of mp3 files
· Manage your radio-podcasts in any web browser
· create and manage groups of channels
· UPG is a cross-platform and runs under Unix-like operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD), Mac OSX and Windows.
· UPG is a python application which uses standard library only. Thus, any platform which is able to run python 2.3 will be able to run UPG as well.
· The program uses an internal ripper for grabbing mp3 streams.
· There is no built-in GUI in UPG. All UI implemented as a web-based interface.
· The application has it's own web application server. This server provides podcasting support (generates rss and sends mp3 back to ipodder) and implements management interface.
What's New in This Release:
· Added installer and binary packages.