UPG (Universal Podcast Generator) was developed in order to combine the wide-ranging content of online radio stations.
Here are some key features of "UPG":
· schedule radio shows for recording
· define podcast channels
· generate dynamic podcast feeds (rss files) for recorded files
· subscribe from iTunes (or any other podder) directly to UPG's RSS feeds
· create your own custom podcasts from any collections of mp3 files
· Manage your radio-podcasts in any web browser
· create and manage groups of channels
· UPG is a cross-platform and runs under Unix-like operating systems (Linux, FreeBSD), Mac OSX and Windows.
· UPG is a python application which uses standard library only. Thus, any platform which is able to run python 2.3 will be able to run UPG as well.
· The program uses an internal ripper for grabbing mp3 streams.
· There is no built-in GUI in UPG. All UI implemented as a web-based interface.
· The application has it's own web application server. This server provides podcasting support (generates rss and sends mp3 back to ipodder) and implements management interface.
What's New in This Release:
· Added installer and binary packages.