TwoLAME is an optimised MPEG Audio Layer 2 (MP2) encoder based on tooLAME by Mike Cheng, which in turn is based upon the ISO dist10 code and portions of LAME.
TwoLAME includes libtwolame, a fully thread-safe shared library with an API very similar to LAME's.
Here are some key features of "TwoLAME":
· Fully thread-safe
· Static and shared library (libtwolame)
· API very similar to LAME's (for easy porting)
· Frontend supports wider range of input files (using libsndfile)
· Automake/libtool/pkgconfig based build system
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed documentation location (--docdir in configure) - thanks to Chris Mayo for patch
· Moved source code control to Github
· Improvements to build system
· Updated to autoconf 2.60, libtool 2.2, automake 1.10 and Doxygen 1.7.3
· Fix problem with extern inline by changing them to static inline
· Wrote perl script to test output of the frontend
· Changed all debugging messages, writing to stdout to write to stderr
· Removed calls to exit() from libtwolame.
· Added --non-copyright option (which is enabled by default)
· Fix for bad copy/paste of variable assignment.
· Manpage correction
· Changed fopen() options to wb to fix Windows