TunesBrowser project is a simple music player, capable of playing music found on iTunes shares.
TunesBrowser can connect to the latest iTunes applications (as of April 29 2004) and is implemented on top of libopendaap.
TunesBrowser's interface is quite similar to that of iTunes. TunesBrowser was written with the purpose of being a prototype front-end for libopendaap. I intend to integrate libopendaap with other, more mature, players.
Here are some key features of "TunesBrowser":
· Play mp3s off other computers running iTunes
· Discovery of hosts over Rendezvous.
· GTK+ version 2.4.x
What's New in This Release:
· Add password support. You will be prompted for a password if a server requires a password.
· Add playlist support. Playlists will appear on connection to a server.
· Add a tip of the day and a config file.
· Several bug and portablity fixes.