Tk Ecasound is a Tcl/Tk front-end for Ecasound, with almost all of Ecasound features. It was only tested on i686 Linux platform. It looks more like a multitrack recorder/mixer.
Here are some key features of "Tk Ecasound":
· Mixer look.
· Unlimited tracks.
· Unlimited takes for track.
· Playback/Recording device selecting for each track.
· Multichannel soundcard support. Useful also in common stereo soundcards.
· LADSPA support.
· Up to 8 effects for track.
· Real time volume control.
· Real time master volume control.
· Real time pan control.
· Real time mute/unmute control.
· Real time Solo/Unsolo control.
· Real time Bypass/Connect effects.
· Real time effects parameters control.
· ecasoundrc edit window.
· Mixdown to wave file.
· Export to .ecs (Ecasound Chain Setup).
· Tools button: Ecanormalize, DC fix, Wave edit (using the Ecasound default wave editor) and wavefile delete.
· Locate windows with up to 16 preset positions.
· Punch-in and punch-out user defined positions.
· Switch between MM:SS and SSSS time format.
· Project open/save.
· Soundcard with OSS/ALSA drivers.
· LADSPA (Optional).
· Jack (Optional).
· Ecawave (Optional).
What's New in This Release:
· Main window components expands to fit all available space
· Bigger Effects window, components expands to fit all available space
· Options window components expands to fit all available space
· Master volume window
· Tracks header was eliminated
· Track volume controls max set to 400
· Bug when adding tracks with one or more previous "Solo" tracks fixed
· Bug in the Wave File delete warning window fixed
· Effect windows show track name replacing the track number
· Toplevel windows have a more descriptive title
· Button "Pause" was eliminated
· Certain buttons get disabled after "Play" button is pressed
· "Stop" button in Effect windows
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· LADSPA Loading Window
· Main Window is visible during the LADSPA plug-ins loading
· Message if Tkeca is unable to find ecasoundrc file
· Processing Mixdown window
· Master volume control
· Filenames with spaces are allowed
· Certain buttons get disabled during mixdown
· Compressor utility is no longer available for mixdow, it was useless and buggy
· Bug: Certain buttons remain disabled after exporting .ecs
· Bug: Track Properties windows always reset to default values
· Bug: Always applying compressor due an "IF" error.