Tin Can Jukebox 20111218
Tin Can Jukebox is a very fast, full featured PHP/MySQL web jukebox that can securely stream large mp3 collections, over the Internet, to multiple users.
- Browse by Artist, Alubm & Genre
- Super effecient ajax powered side tabbed browsing window combined with properly indexed mysql DB provides very fast library navigation
- Single click to play all from an artist, album or genre.
- Add albums, artists, genres or songs to a playlist with a single click. Playlists can be single use, or saved permanently.
- Playlists are dynamic so if an artist is in the playlist, new albums for this artist will automatically be included too.
- Full user access control.
- Automatic dynamic downsampling allows mulitple users to share limited server upstream pipe without rebuffering.
- Language packs are user selectable (although not too many have been translated yet:)
- Preferences allow per user customization.
- Site admin can set user preference defaults and configure site-wide configuration settings thru the web interface.
- Automatic update notification when site admin logs in.
- System statistics page.
- Several 'browse by random album' modes (random from; recently played, never played, played often...)
- 'Now playing's window shows all recently played songs along with album art, dynamically updated to show how long ago it was started.
- Search by artist,album or song.
- Programming 100% fueled by environmentally friendly beer.
- It's free!
- Much more and new features being added all the time...
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 20110102
- Updated default preferences to more general case uses
- Added DB support for allowed music extension
- Added a new browse by 'all' option in album, artist and genre browse modes.
- Improved the import logic to handle multiple albums in a single folder