TimeSide is a set of server and client side components for audio-enabling web sites and applications. It includes a powerful DHTML-based interactive player, with support for time-marking.
The server side components provide generic APIs for easy transcoding, metadata embedding, sound visualization and audio analysis.
See PythonApi, UiGuide, README and INSTALL.
A fast and short example:
decoder = timeside.decoder.FileDecoder('/path/to/source.ogg')
grapher = timeside.grapher.Waveform()
analyzer = timeside.analyzer.MaxLevel()
encoder = timeside.encoder.WavEncoder('/path/to/output.wav')
(decoder | grapher | analyzer | encoder).run()
print 'Level:', analyzer.result(), analyzer.unit()
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· finally fix decoder leaks and de-synchronizations (thanks to piem)
· this also fixes bad variable encoder file lengths
· fix OGG and FLAC encoders (closes: #8)
· fix multi-channels streaming (closes: #13)
· add support for Pillow (closes: #12)
· temporally desactivate AAC and WebM encoders (need to add some limits for them)
· WARNING : we now need to add overwrite=True to encoder kwargs instances in order to overwrite the destination file, i.e. e=Mp3Encoder(path, overwrite=True)