Spiano is a simple software MIDI keyboard for Linux and X Windows. The piano is played by clicking the mouse on the keys. It can be used as a replacement of a real MIDI keyboard, when a simple one-at-a-time note input is needed.
Here are some key features of "Spiano":
· Written in C
· Small binary size
· 88 keys from A0 to C8 as in typical piano.
· Simple and efficient X UI without extra bells and whistles
· Key number display
· Key name display (English, German or French)
· Pitch bend events by moving the mouse up and down
· MIDI events are sent to stdout (no ALSA dependency)
· Should be portable to any POSIX compatible system with Xlib