Spiano is a simple software MIDI keyboard for Linux and X Windows.
Spiano is a simple software MIDI keyboard for Linux and X Windows. The piano is played by clicking the mouse on the keys. It can be used as a replacement of a real MIDI keyboard, when a simple one-at-a-time note input is needed.
- Written in C
- Small binary size
- 88 keys from A0 to C8 as in typical piano.
- Simple and efficient X UI without extra bells and whistles
- Key number display
- Key name display (English, German or French)
- Pitch bend events by moving the mouse up and down
- MIDI events are sent to stdout (no ALSA dependency)
- Should be portable to any POSIX compatible system with Xlib
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!