Specimen is a MIDI controllable SoftSampler.
Specimen is a MIDI controllable SoftSampler, written in C and GTK+. For those who don't know, a sampler is an instrument that allows you to make music using sound files (aka "samples").
Here are some key features of "Specimen":
· Up to 32 patches with 8 notes of polyphony each
· Fast, high quality pitch scaling
· Linear ADSR volume envelopes
· MIDI/jack-transport syncable LFOs
· Low pass filter with resonance
· A variety of direction-independent playback modes
· A zoomable sample editor for loop and play points
Try it out and let me know what you think. Specimen has been written from the ground up with the goal of actually making music with it, and I'd like to hear how well/poorly it fulfills that ambition.
· ALSA version 0.9.0 or greater
· a recent version of JACK
· and a recent version of PHAT.
What's New in This Release:
· A few compilation errors were fixed.