SparkleMedia is an open source media player-manager application developed for Linux using GStreamer and KDE.
The simplest way to compile this package is:
1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type `cmake .' to configure the package for your system.
2. Type `make' to compile the package.
3. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and documentation.
Here are some key features of "SparkleMedia":
· Playback of all common audio/video formats (no full screen support)
· From local files
· Visualisations for audio-only media (no full screen support)
· 10-band equaliser for audio (no preamp)
· Plugin based user interfaces
· Two user interfaces have been implemented
· Management of all common audio/video files
· Playlists management (basic)
· KDE Software Compilation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added support to change audio output device.
· Added support to change video output device.
· Sparkle plugin: Various fixes.
· SparkleClassic plugin: Enabled access to equalizer; various fixes.
· Added new sparklemedia application icon along with other icons.
· Now random mode can only be "on" or "off".
· Completely remove dependency on Phonon.