Soundbench is an open source software written in C++ and Qt for audio synthesis tasks.
Soundbench is a cross-platform application designed for music producers. It supports Linux, Mac OS X and Windows platforms.
Here are some key features of "Soundbench":
· Real-time audio output
· Up to 4 simultaneous oscillators
· Efficient preset system
· Beautiful User Interface
· Can be played in real-time with a MIDI controller
· Record input from a MIDI controller
· Parse MIDI files
· Support for 6 common sampling rates up to 192k
· Very stable
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The UI's style has been changed to give Soundbench a sleeker look.
· Soundbench can now be connected to a MIDI controller and played.
· Soundbench can record events from the MIDI controller.
· Soundbench can now play back tracks in real-time.
· Soundbench can now load and save presets.
· An alternate RtAudio backend was added to simplify compilation for those on Windows or Macintosh.
· Users can now choose the device that the emitter backends use.
· Simplified some of the MIDI code.
· Exported sound files are no longer twice as long as they should be.
· The console message reporting the length of the recorded track now reports in minutes and seconds.
· A number of smaller bugfixes.