SongBird 1.11.0 Alpha Build 2213
Songbird project is a desktop Web player, a digital jukebox and Web browser mash-up.
Like Firefox, it is built from Mozilla, cross-platform and open source.
- Play Anything:
- MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WMA, and more. Can you teach Songbird to sing?
- Pick Feathers:
- Choose from the two included themes: Rubberducky or Dove. You can even make one yourself.
- Control the Flow:
- Play, Pause, Previous, Next, Volume, Mute, Seek, Three Repeat Modes, and Shuffle.
- Quickly switch between tasks using the buttons to the right of the dashboard display.
- Organize Your Library:
- Filter your collection by Genre, Artist, Album, and Song or Search-As-You-Type.
- Scan Your Computer for Music:
- Songbird will find your music and add it to your collection for you.
- Super Slim Mini-Mode:
- Use the mini-mode for basic controls while keeping Songbird out of the way.
- Multi-Language Support:
- Songbird comes in 39 languages. Be a localizer and see Songbird in your language!
- Build Custom Mixes:
- Drag-and-drop songs from the Library or another playlist to your create your own custom mixes.
- Make Smart Mixes:
- Criteria-based playlists that are always up-to-date with your current collection.
- Dynamic Mixes:
- Get mixes from the Internet and stay up-to-date with the latest updates, downloads, and casts.
- Play In Place:
- Songbird plays MP3s without leaving the page.
- Play the Web:
- Play web pages as playlists and view any web page as a playlist.
- Set Music Watch Folders:
- Tell Songbird to watch a folder for new music and it will automatically add new tracks to your collection
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.8.0 Beta 3
- Support for device synchronization on Mac OS X via the MSC add-on.
- Support for the following devices:
- BlackBerry Storm
- HTC Evo