Sonata is a lightweight GTK+ music client for the Music Player Daemon (MPD).
Sonata is licensed by the GPL and is free software. It has been forked from the Pygmy project in order to fix bugs, introduce new features, and proceed down a different path.
Note for Ubuntu users: You will need to setup or use an a music player daemon service, check musicpd.
- Expanded and collapsed views
- Automatic remote and local album art
- User-configurable columns
- Automatic fetching of lyrics
- Playlist and stream support
- Support for editing song tags
- Popup notification
- Playlist queue support
- Library and playlist searching
- Audioscrobbler (last.fm) support
- Multiple MPD profiles
- Keyboard friendly
- Support for multimedia keys
- Commandline control
our in-depth analysis
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Library artwork caching/displaying improvements
- Lyricwiki screen scraping workaround
- Replace Amazon.com cover art fetching with Rhapsody.com
- Bug: Fix library sorting when adding, e.g., albums to playlist