A music player for your PC that works with the Slimserver software.
Softsqueeze is a music player for your PC that works with the Slimserver software. It complements the Squeezebox, Squeezebox2 and Slimp3 hardware music players developed by Slim Devices. Softsqueeze supports synchronization with hardware players and remote streaming over the Internet using ssh tunneling. It has been developed in Java, allowing this useful application to work with Windows PCs, OS X and Linux systems.
- Audio Playback:
- Native playback of Flac, MP3, WAV and AIFF audio.
- Support for Ogg Vorbis, WMA and AAC by transcoding in the Slimserver.
- Gapless playback for most audio formats.
- Synchronization with Squeezebox2, Squeezebox and Slimp3 (requires Java 1.5)
- Pause, volume control and mute buttons.
- Supports Windows Direct Sound on a Windows PC.
- Squeezebox2 Graphics Support:
- Emulation of the new 320x32 graphic display.
- Full support for all Squeezebox fonts.
- Spectrum Analyzer, VU meters.
- Slim Devices skin with horizontal or vertical remotes.
- Excession and Excession Large skins.
- LCD skin, designed for use on laptop computers.
- Quick link to slim server web interface
- Window snapping
- Also supports headless operation
- Emulation of Slim IR Remote control:
- Button auto repeat (for example press and hold pause stop's the player)
- Keyboard shortcuts for common remote control functions (uses the same keys as winamp and xmms).
- Slim Protocol:
- Supports Slim Server version 6.0 upwards.
- Support for password encrypted servers.
- Auto reconnection to Slim Server when connection is lost.
- Built-in ssh tunneling support for remote connections.
- Slim server discovery.
- Java web start and applet support
- install4j Java installer builder
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added Boom skin