SndBite is a specialized audio editor, designed for breaking large recordings into smaller components with great efficiency. SndBite's principal intended application is in linguistic research where it is often desirable to put each word or sentence into a separate file before further processing.
Here are some key features of "SndBite":
· Multiple simultaneous views of the waveform at different resolutions.
· The ability to position window edges at transitions between sound and silence.
· Automated setting of cut points at zero-crossings.
· Automatic filename generation easily controlled by the user.
· Optional automatic playback on window motion.
· Logging of of each write, so that a record exists both for the long term and in case (as often happens) the user loses his or her place while segmenting a large file.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Numerous small improvements were made, especially in keyboard shortcuts.