Scivi is a visualization plugin for X Multimedia System. Scivi plugin uses 3D Accelerated hardware, but is not actually 3D.
Here are some key features of "Scivi":
· Low CPU Usage because of 3D accelerated hardware. All effects including potentially expensive complex image transformations are done in hardware. So, if you have a fast video card, your CPU most of a time will be idle!
· Powerful C-style Scripting Language will help you to program your own nice presets! The visualization is under your control!
· Root-window rendering supported. Put a nice video effects on your desktop! This feature is window-manager dependent. KDE and GNOME probably won't work Press 'V' to switch to root-window mode.
· Full-screen rendering. Planned.
· A fast 3D T&L accelerated video card with OpenGL support.
· GLX version 1.3 is preferred but 1.2 should work with some restrictions
· If GLX version 1.2 is used, screen must be at least in 24bpp color depth mode to get appropriate results. For GLX 1.3 15bpp or 16bpp mode can be used - internal rendering is done in 24bpp
What's New in This Release:
· Added Scivi Control Window for root window mode
· Create configuration file if one does not exists
· New improved Sleep-driven fps contol added to work with 2.6 Linux kernels
· minor bugfixes