ScaleTempo is a software created to improve variable speed playback for major open source media players, such as MPlayer, GStreamer, Xine, VLC, Totem, RhythmBox, Amarok, Miro, etc.
Speeding through media while still understanding speech is a great way to:
· decrease viewing time,
· review previously viewed material,
· find segments of interests,
· increase speech rate of slow speakers, and
· increase the tempo of your music
Slowing down media is useful for:
· transcribing speech,
· learning a new language,
· clarifying garbled speech, and
· slowing down the tempo of your music
ScaleTempo develops patches and plugins for major Open Source media players that enable easy playback of audio and video at faster or slower speeds without changing pitch (i.e. no chipmunk effect).