SSIP-GST Gaim plugin is an open-source SIP/SIMPLE plugin library,
compliant with the IETF RFC3261 specification. SSIP-GST plugin serves as an example GUI client for the Sofia-SIP library.
It can be used with Gaim as a SIP client software for uses such as VoIP, IM and presence. Media support is integrated using GStreamer, and is merged from sofsip-cli command line example client for Sofia-SIP user agent library.
SSIP-GST is developed on top of Sofia-SIP, which is based on a SIP stack developed at the Nokia Research Center. SSIP-GST plugin is licensed under the GPL.
SSIP-GST aims to leverage features of the cool Gaim UI for Sofia-SIP library usage.
· alsa-utils (optional if using OSS)
· libasound2 (optional if using OSS)
· gstreamer0.8-alsa (optional if using OSS)
· gstreamer0.8-oss (optional if using ALSA)
What's New in This Release:
· The plugin now supports a local presence server.
· Messaging and presence now also works on Mac OS X Panther and Tiger.
· isComposing status messages (RFC3994) are now supported.
· The Windows version now compiles but has not been tested yet.
· The Sofia-SIP library version 1.11.5 or later can now be used.