Free streaming from Microsoft Windows Media Server
You are probably trying to access a Windows Media Server that nowadays only supports RTSP traffic; the old MMS protocol is discarded.
The catch is, being Microsoft, they have used a RTSP-like implementation, which is modified with Microsoft's own quirks. So it is not standard form anymore.
RTSPdump can be run on Linux, Windows, and practically any OS where command-line PHP can be run.
- Supported features:
- Streaming from Microsoft WMServer (STABLE)
- Streaming from DSS (Darwin Streaming Server) (EXPERIMENTAL)
- UDP streaming (default)
- TCP streaming
- RTX: Requesting resending of lost RTP packets (UDP only)
- Saving to a file
- Feeding another program through stdout
- Keep-alives (both UDP and TCP; contrary to MS docs, they are also required in TCP mode)
- Unsupported features:
- Streaming from other types of RTSP servers
- Streaming using other protocols than RTSP
- Listener reports (not required in MS-RTSP)
- Forward error correction (FEC)
- Bandwidth estimation
- Any authentication schemes
- Switching between streams
- Recovering from loss of connection / resuming a previous download
- Re-encoding / non-ASF containers (please pipe the output to MEncoder/ffmpeg if you need to do that)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version improves the support for Microsoft Windows Streaming Servers.
- It also adds support for seeking to a particular position in the stream.