Are you stumped by error messages from all open source video playing tools when you try to access a MMS or RTSP form URL? (See examples of such error messages below.)
You are probably trying to access a Windows Media Server that nowadays only supports RTSP traffic; the old MMS protocol is discarded.
The catch is, being Microsoft, they have used a RTSP-like implementation, which is modified with Microsoft's own quirks. So it is not standard form anymore.
RTSPdump can be run on Linux, Windows, and practically any OS where command-line PHP can be run.
Here are some key features of "RTSPdump":
· Streaming from Microsoft WMServer (STABLE)
· Streaming from DSS (Darwin Streaming Server) (EXPERIMENTAL)
· UDP streaming (default)
· TCP streaming
· RTX: Requesting resending of lost RTP packets (UDP only)
· Saving to a file
· Feeding another program through stdout
· Keep-alives (both UDP and TCP; contrary to MS docs, they are also required in TCP mode)
· Streaming from other types of RTSP servers
· Streaming using other protocols than RTSP
· Listener reports (not required in MS-RTSP)
· Forward error correction (FEC)
· Bandwidth estimation
· Any authentication schemes
· Switching between streams
· Recovering from loss of connection / resuming a previous download
· Re-encoding / non-ASF containers (please pipe the output to MEncoder/ffmpeg if you need to do that)