QSynth project is a fluidsynth GUI front-end application written in C around the Qt3 toolkit using Qt Designer.
Eventually it may evolve into a softsynth management application allowing the user to control and manage a variety of command line softsynth but for the moment it wraps the excellent FluidSynth.
FluidSynth is a command line software synthesiser based on the Soundfont specification.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Main window layout fixing with regard to its user preferred size and recall when system-tray icon is not enabled.
· Channels list preset items now activated on double-click.
· Desktop environment session shutdown (eg. logout) is now tapped for graceful application exit, even though the main window is active (visible) and minimizing to system tray is enabled. Both were causing first shutdown/logout attempt to abort. Not anymore, hopefully.
· libX11 is now being added explicitly to the build link phase, as seen necessary on some bleeding-edge distros eg. Fedora 13, Debian 6.
· General standard dialog buttons layout is now in place.
· CMake build system. It was silently available in 0.3.5, but now it is officially unveiled.
· Fixed a couple of dangling pointers.
· Mac OSX: Enabled the MIDI name Id option for CoreMIDI driver ports, added the icon to the app bundle.