Pymp project is a clean, flexible frontend to MPlayer written in Python.
Pymp project is a clean, flexible frontend to MPlayer written in Python. It supports simple playlists, web streams, and anything else that MPlayer does. Pymp aims to blend in with your desktop environment, not stand out as many skinned players do.
- Open files on the command line: pymp *.mp3
- Open locations: pymp http://foo.com dvd://1
- Drag and Drop files and folders to playlist
- M3U and PLS playlist format support
- Find files in playlist with ctrl+f
- Remote command execution:
- pymp -remote pause
- pymp -remote stop
- pymp -remote play 12
- pymp -remote current
- pymp -remote seek 20
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Replaced os.popen2 with subprocess for Python 2.6.
- Added a function to set the title of a track and window title.
- Play/Pause button now changes when you press pause, play and stop.
- The spacebar can be used to pause items now.