Polypaudio Volume Control (pavucontrol) is a simple GTK based volume control tool ("mixer") for the PulseAudio sound server.
In contrast to classic mixer tools this one allows you to control both the volume of hardware devices and of each playback stream seperately.
· Currently, pavucontrol is tested on Linux only.
· pavucontrol was developed and tested on Debian GNU/Linux "testing" from April 2006, it should work on most other Linux distributions (and maybe Unix versions) since it uses GNU autoconf for source code configuration.
· pavucontrol requires gtkmm and glademmm installed.
· Obviously pavucontrol requires an installation of polypaudio (version 0.8).
As this package is made with the GNU autotools you should run ./configure inside the distribution directory for configuring the source tree. After that you should run make for compilation and make install (as root) for installation of pavucontrol.
What's New in This Release:
· The UI has been reworked.
· A context menu option to kill a playback stream has been added.
· A context menu option to select the default device has been added.
· This release uses prettier channel names.
· Non-application streams are filtered by default.
· Muting streams is supported.