Prodder is a command-line based Podcast client written in Perl that runs on just about any *n*x system. Prodder implements a few very useful features that are lacking in many of the existing tools, while remaining simple and light-weight.
Here are some key features of "Prodder":
· Interactive and autonomous (cronjob) modes.
· Selective downloading (great for dialup'ers and low-volume users).
· Extended item information (date, enclosure url/size, description).
· User-defined download directory structure (based on title, category, date).
· Playlist generation.
Prodder is released under the GNU General Pulic Licence.
· Perl 5 (any version should do)
· XML::DOM Perl module
· HTML::FormatText::WithLinks Perl module
What's New in This Release:
· Mangling of item descriptions that occurred when they were viewed more than once was fixed.
· An arbitrary shell execution vulnerability was fixed.
· General code cleanups and reorganisations were made.
· Data destined for the filesystem are now sanitized.
· Behaviour when the title/category are undefined was corrected.
· The client now works works when 'less' is not available.