Polar Jukebox System 0.6.0.57
The Polar Jukebox System (PJS) is a set of curses and console applications that allow you to manage huge amounts of MP3 files.
The reason I started this project is that I always wanted a easy-to-use music collection, and I reached that goal with the PJS. I started programming in late 1998 and kept programming from time to time. Now I think the PJS is ready for the public, even not everything that is possible has been done - but it works!
The PJS runs under the GPL (GNU Public License) an can be installed on computers running Debian GNU/Linux, other distributions are not supported till now, and I still need help for packing the PJS to others dists.
- Riping/encoding of audio CDs (with CDDB support) into the PJS with jrec
- Easy management of a big CD Collections with jplay
- Playlistgeneration and -management
- Automatic playlists (alltime charts, newcomers, rarely played...)
- Special play modes (random, linear...)
- Export of CDs to CD-R
- Database (postgresql) storage of the track and CD information