Playground is a simple GNOME panel applet which lets you control basic functions of audio players.
Here are some key features of "Playground":
· Players plugin infrastructure
· Scrollable track time progress bar
· Volume control with mouse scrollwheel
· Buttons: Previous track - Play /Pause - Stop - Next track - Eject
· Real-time tooltips with track title and time
· Control repeat and shuffle properties
· Show/Hide player windows
· Internazionalization (i18n)
· GTK+ version 2.0.x
By default, if you don't specify any arguments to the configure command, the applet will be installed in /usr/local. GNOME will not probably find the applet there, so this is what you need:
./configure --prefix=/usr --with-gconf-schema-file-dir=/usr/share/gconf/schemas
Remember that GNOME applets are not executed as normal executables, they must be launched from GNOME panels menus.
What's New in This Release:
· Plugins interface modified to support track's rating and minor playground supported version.
· Added catalan translation.
· Change widgets order in left panels.
· Added swedish translation. (by Daniel Nylander)
· Play and pause buttons were interchanged. (reported by Paul Wise)