Palace is a nifty visualization plugin for XMMS.
Palace is based on the XPLSISNJASP software project. For examples of hardware useful with Palace, see Discolitez or e-mail me at the e-mail address in the README file from the latest Palace version.
What will Palace become?
Palace is currently an XMMS plugin to control a light show connected to the parallel port. The eventual goal of palace is to provide a generic device control infrastructure for hobby (and possibly commercial) use. Over time Palace will be transitioned to a fully modular design, so that clients (applications trying to control something) and servers (libraries that act as an interface to an actual device) will be able to interact through a generic plug-in interface.
Palace's first goal is to become an XMMS parallel port light show plugin at least as good as the DiscoLitez (http://www.discolitez.com/) light show plugin for WinAmp, and then evolve into a full-fledged control system.
Possible server plugins would include:
· DMX-512 output to control professional lighting equipment
· Laser/stepper motor
· Parallel port
· Generic DAC
Possible client plugins would include:
· XMMS visualization plugin
· Security system control software
· Other automation software
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed reverse channel order configuration option
· Fixed stepper speed configuration option (it was getting set incorreclty when the configuration dialog was opened)
· Fixed a couple of crashes related to invalid LPT addresses
· Port output now works when the Draw Graphics option is disabled