PKSampler project is a live-dj tool. It is different from other "live DJ tools" in that it focuses on allowing the user to mix lots of samples at once. The focus is on a simple touchscreen interface that allows quick access to user supplied loops and samples.
· The focus is on layering loop-based music using pre-defined samples and sequences with minimal effort. That means starting/stopping loops on the beat and controlling them with low-latency. A real-time timeline will be used - so all music time is relative like a typical pattern-mode, not song-mode.
· Main focus: high-performance python music engine.
· realiable real-time performance
· low-latency for in-out events
· python (or easily wrappable) interface
· good media support (wav/ogg/mp3/...)
· tempo setting
· basic sample-sequencing
· reasonably fast peak level values
· I've decided I only want to focus my effort on the python side of this project. So, I scrapped pkaudio (shame, shame), and am looking for a replacement. It's hard-going, but I just know something's out there. I have a romantic relationship with the idea of finding a good low-level python audio library, and writing the real-time music in python, but I think that's a far-off dream, and I'd rather just use someone else's code.
· 4.0 needs python interface
· pySonic builds fine on IA32
· 3.74 no amd64 support
· pySonic is hard to build on ppc