Oolaboola is an opensource system for mixing sound files in real-time, while varying their rate of play, amplitude level, etc. In other words, Oolaboola is a digital DJ tool.
Here are some key features of "Oolaboola":
· Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License
· The cross-fader never wears out! :)
· Plays .wav files of various formats.
· Can use MIDI input
· Digital file output.
· Set and goto marks.
· Create loops
· Can record your actions for later playback
· Efficient (mixing two files takes about a Pentium 50 :)
· Low latency (time between your action and the change in output)..down to 1/100th second depending on the limits of your OS/hardware.
· Separate output to `cue' channel
· Control rate-of-play..from 0 to 2 X in increments of .001
· Modify it's behavior with a python rc file
What's New in This Release:
· fixes a few bugs, mostly build and linkage problems many people were having.