Oggify is a perl script designed to take flac formatted audio and encode it into ogg vorbis or mp3
Oggify is a perl script designed to take flac formatted audio and encode it into ogg vorbis or mp3. Oggify allows you to specify a directory that contains flac files and will encode all flac files in the directory tree into ogg or mp3 files in a similar directory tree.
- Built-in Help: Simply pass a -h or -H and you'll get a simple or detailed help print out.
- Quality: Set the quality to be passed to LAME or oggenc, from 0 to 10, allowing for easy changes based on the type of music to be encoded. Default set to 5.
- Test Mode: Prints out what the script would do, so you avoid accidental deletion or over-writing.
- Automatic Nice'ing: Allows you to nice the encoding process, defaulting to a value of 10.
- Purge: Ensures that the output directory tree matches the input tree. Deleting files and directories where needed.
- Refresh: Re-encodes files that are older than their source file, or re-encodes them to a new format.
- Retagging: Turns off encoding, and retags all of the files based on the tags in the flac files.
- Mp3 or Ogg Encoding: Makes it easy to do one or both, in case you've got a portable music player that just doesn't do ogg's.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release has a plugin framework, better documentation, and a simpler interface.
- Now written in Python, it depends on mutagen, and having the various FLAC, Ogg, and MP3 programs installed.