Oggify is a perl script designed to take flac formatted audio and encode it into ogg vorbis or mp3. Oggify allows you to specify a directory that contains flac files and will encode all flac files in the directory tree into ogg or mp3 files in a similar directory tree.
Here are some key features of "Oggify":
· Built-in Help: Simply pass a -h or -H and you'll get a simple or detailed help print out.
· Quality: Set the quality to be passed to LAME or oggenc, from 0 to 10, allowing for easy changes based on the type of music to be encoded. Default set to 5.
· Test Mode: Prints out what the script would do, so you avoid accidental deletion or over-writing.
· Automatic Nice'ing: Allows you to nice the encoding process, defaulting to a value of 10.
· Purge: Ensures that the output directory tree matches the input tree. Deleting files and directories where needed.
· Refresh: Re-encodes files that are older than their source file, or re-encodes them to a new format.
· Retagging: Turns off encoding, and retags all of the files based on the tags in the flac files.
· Mp3 or Ogg Encoding: Makes it easy to do one or both, in case you've got a portable music player that just doesn't do ogg's.
· flac and metaflac
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release has a plugin framework, better documentation, and a simpler interface.
· Now written in Python, it depends on mutagen, and having the various FLAC, Ogg, and MP3 programs installed.