Noteedit is an editor for music notation that supports an unlimited number of staffs and up to 9 voices per staff.
You can use it to create sheets of notes. With Noteedit you can import and export into many formats like midi, musicxml and lilypond.
Here are some key features of "Noteedit":
· Insertion/deletion/modification of notes, rests (and multirests), ties/slurs, stem/beam control, instrument changes, repeats, clef/time/key/volume/tempo and all other classical music notation signatures.
· Chords markings (based on KGuitar project)
· Dynamic expression markings ((de)crescendo, octaviation, arpeggio, fermata, trills, grace notes etc.).
· Fixed expression markings (staccato, sforzato, portato, strong pizzicato, sforzando etc.).
· Multiple voices per staff (polyphony).
· Drum notes (including drum and bass drum clef).
· Flexible UI based on Qt/KDE. Supports zoom, multiple windows, many keyboard shortcuts, Konqueror embedding and other candies.
· Playback and other MIDI operations (reading and recording from MIDI keyboard) are done using TSE3 library. Each staff can have its own channel, own intsrument and own MIDI settings (reverbation, chorus). Currently played element is highlighted!
· Support for lyrics.
· Basic score layout operations (setting brackets, braces, score title, composer, copyright etc.).
· Many useful tools like automatic placment of bars, automatic placement of beams, transposition, copying&pasting of elements, optimization and resetting of accidentals, MIDI importing (or recording from MIDI keyboard) filters etc.
· Exports MIDI (using TSE3 library), MusicXML, ABC Music, PMX, MusiXTeX and LilyPond.
· Imports MIDI and MusicXML.
· The NoteEdit fileformat is similar to the format of the music publication program (MUP). It's a plaintext format, with a simple syntax for describing the music, so computer geeks can edit it by hand if they want to:).
· NoteEdit is translated into the following languages: German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Russian, Slovak, Slovene and Swedish. It supports UTF-8 encodings for lyrics, score title, composer, copyright and other document strings.
What's New in This Release:
Release Candidate of NoteEdit 2.8.1.
The beta version can no longer be downloaded.
Many bugfixes and improvements to the beta version (see ChangeLog for details).