NeMeSI is a standards-compliant multimedia streaming client.
NeMeSI implements RTSP - Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RFC2326) and RTP/RTCP - Real-Time Transport Protocol/RTP Control Protocol (RFC3550) supporting the RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with Minimal Control (RFC3551).
NeMeSI supports the following decoding standards:
* MP3 (MPEG-1 Layer III) (RFC3119)
* GSM-AMR (3rd generation GSM) (RFC3267)
* OGG/Vorbis (work in progress)
* MPEG-1/2 (RFC2250)
* MPEG-4 (RFC3016, RFC3640) (work in progress)
* OGG/Theora (work in progress)
The main characteristic of NeMeSI is that it is adaptable to the state of the network gotten through the technique of the dynamic coding change.
NeMeSI is the world's first streaming client supporting Creative Commons licensing meta-data for audio/video streaming.
What's New in This Release:
· A CLI option was added to force RTP/RTCP UDP ports.
· IPv6 compatibility was improved.
· Preliminary support for MPEG4 was added.
· Conversion to a library was started.
· Fenice is GCC4 compatible.
· Bugfixes were made.