MyStrands is a 100% free desktop application that lets you get more connection from your digital music: more music, more friends, and especially more fun!
Find friends through music in the MyStrands community. Throw parties and entertain your friends with music, messages, and pictures through partyStrands, the newest MyStrands feature. Tag music, create playlists, and of course, get instant recommendations with other MyStrands features.
Here are some key features of "MyStrands":
· Manage your music library. Use playlist builder or Tag Cloud to arrange the music in your library the way you want to hear it. Discover songs you haven’t heard for a while, and share the playlists you create by uploading them to your MyStrands page. Listen to music on your iPod? Use MyStrands to keep track of iPod plays in your personal music history. Got a music-enabled mobile? MyStrands lets your favorite tunes and playlists to your phone for music on the go.
· We can’t forget those recommendations. Get real-time recommendations for the current song or recent songs and quickly link to your favorite store to buy recommended music.
· Discover new friends. See what friends and like-minded listeners have played recently, discover new members who have played the songs you're playing, or find out what musical affinity you have with other members.
· Throw a music party with your local friends and share it with your online friends. Use partyStrands—the newest feature in MyStrands--to combine your musical taste with that of your friends. Share the music you enjoy, pictures, goofy messages, and then share the results with others on your MyStrands page. partyStrands is the newest way to have fun, interact, and connect with music.
· Amarok 1.3 or newer
· Python 2.3 or newer
· PyQt 3.x or newer
· Download Amarok plug-in
· Open your Amarok application. (If you do not have Amarok, you can download it here http://amarok.kde.org/).
· Choose the Script Manager from the Amarok Tools menu
· The Script Manager dialog will appear. Click the Install Script button
· From the file dialog, search for and select mystrands.amarokscript.tar.gz
· Click Open. When the "Script Installed successfully" message appears, accept it
· Select mystrands.py from the left menu and click Start
· Enter your MyStrands login and password and your OpenStrands ID (if requested) in the config dialog
· Use Amarok as usual. Your plays will be recorded on the MyStrands site