A MIDI file examiner, player and editor
MidiYodi is a software that allows examination, playback and modifications to MIDI files. MidiYodi is available on all major platforms including Windows, Mac and Unix.
- MIDI File Explorer:
- Scans entire folders for MIDI files and displays information such as available instruments, song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures for each file prior to selecting a specific file for detailed examination in the main view. (View)
- File and Tracks and Overview:
- Displays the contents of a MIDI file including a beat bar, a meta message area and all its tracks. The meta message area displays messages for markers, tempo, time signature and key signature settings. Each track displays miniature 'notes', their duration, instrument and a volume curve.
- Playback and Controls:
- Playback controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion. Navigator controls to jump to the beginning of a song or to the next/previous beat, marker, tempo change, time signature change or key signature change.
- Instrument & Volume Change:
- Each track containing notes can have its instrument and volume changed.
- Solo & Mute:
- Each track can be individually solo'ed or muted. Muted tracks can also be removed from the song.
- The song can be transposed in half-tones up or down.
- Keyboard Examiner:
- Displays all notes and their durations for a track in a keyboard like viewer. For precision or overview, beat width and note height can be altered.
- Score Examiner:
- Displays all notes and their durations for a track in a score like viewer. For precision or overview, beat width, note height and octave can be altered.
- Event Examiner:
- Displays all events for a track including event position (tick and time), category (meta, channel or system exclusive), status (note on/off, program change etc).
- Customization of default examiner (displayed when a track is double-clicked), color theme, language and MIDI out device.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Selected sections of a song can now be played in loop mode
- A default MIDI-file to load can now be set in the Preference window.
- A single track can now be transposed one 8va up or down.