Mesk is a media player for GTK+.
Here are some key features of "Mesk":
· The basics; play, pause, stop, next, previous (mp3 only at the moment)
· Playlist supports shuffle, repeat, and queueing
· Playlist supports drag-and-drop for adding files and row reordering
· Saved playlist including state (shuffle, queue, current, etc.)
· Normal and compact window modes
· Album cover display when the cover image file exists in same directory as audio file
· Playlist search. Use / to open and Esc to close search UI
· Simple plugin API
· Audioscrobbler (last.fm) plugin with queue-file support
· Gajim (a Gtk+ Jabber client) status plugin
· Preferences window for plugin management
· Internationalization support including a Spanish (es) Babelfish translation (i.e., needs work)
· eyeD3 0.6.10
· Gst-Python 0.8.2
· GStreamer 0.8.10
· PyGTK 2.4.1
What's New in This Release:
· New playlist keybindings ‘Q’ and menuitem for adding tracks to the front of the playlist queue.
· New playlist keybinding Alt+q for clearing the queue.
· Album covers fetched from amazon are now cached.
· Relative paths in playlist URIs now work.
· Gajim status plugin talks directly with the Gajim DBus service rather than through the shell which fixes the problem encoding ‘ and #9835;’.
· Playlist name is exported correctly.
our in-depth analysis