MP3 Database II 3.1
MP3DB2 is a collection of bash scripts for keeping track of large MP3 collections.
This program is a complete rewrite of my MP3 database version 1. Version 1 only stored the data that was present in the filenames while version 2 actually retrieves information from the ID3 tags of each MP3.
Please note that as of this version the database format is NOT considered carved in stone. I have already added a few fields mid-development and this will continue for a while if I think the format can be made better. See the changelog for a list of changes to the database format since V2.0.
What's New in This Release:
· mp3dupe: now just displays the name of the directory we are checking not the full path in the host filesystem.
MP3 Database II
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 3.0
- The 0.8x versions of mp3info found by default on most Linux distributions are finally supported.
- Several changes were made to the database format.
- If you do not regenerate your database files, you will notice problems with the reported size of MP3s.
- The old database format stored the value in bytes.