MOC (music on console) is an open source project that provides a console audio player for LINUX/UNIX designed to be powerful and easy to use.
Its playback is smooth, regardless of I/O load or system, because the output buffer is used in a separate thread.
Here are some key features of "MOC":
· Simple mixer.
· Color themes.
· Searching the menu (the play list or a directory) like M-s in Midnight Commander.
· The way MOC creates titles from tags is configurable.
· Optional character set conversion for file tags using iconv().
· OSS, JACK, and ALSA output.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Autotools and packaging changes,
· Improved support for embedded systems,
· New and changed audio driver capabilities,
· New and changed audio decoders,
· Overhaul of the FFmpeg/LibAV decoder,
· New and improved audio reproduction features and fixes,
· General configuration file changes,
· New and changed configuration file options,
· New command line options,
· Screen handling changes and fixes,
· New and updated client interaction features,
· Improved text entry history and editting,
· Theme changes and fixes,
· General code cleaning,
· Significant bugs fixed, and
· Many miscellaneous improvements and fixes.