MAES (an MP3 Audio Entertainment System) is a set of Perl scripts which allow searching and streaming of MP3s over the net. It is mased on MySQL.
This is based entirely on Richard Harman's myMP3, which can be found here. All I've done is quite a few updates and a ton of bugfixes, plus a new feature or two. I plan on adding many more features as time progresses. He did just release a version 2 right before I decided to release my own, but I found it to be totally unusable, although with promise and containing some of the exact features I'd added.
· Mysql Perl Module (actually, just DBD and DBI::mysql and all their requirements...but since this module requires everything needed...I just left it for ease of doc'ing.)
· CGI Perl Module
· MP3::Info Perl Module
· Digest::MD5 Perl Module
What's New in This Release:
· Added windows support (apache only, sql server only, oracle is broken)
· Began to add support for Hal2k theme contributed by Pete Hottelet (firstname.lastname@example.org). Color scheme only, I'll figure out how to incorporate the graphics soon.
· Added beautiful beautiful seeking of mp3s thanks to Jeremy Monin, (email@example.com). Now, with new versions of winamp, you can drag your cute little bar to anywhere in the song and maes will start sending the file there. Oh it's a beautiful thing.
· Cleaned up ghetto playlist display, again thanks to Jeremy Monin
· Playlist can now be rearranged, once again due to the efforts of Mr. Monin (have I even done anything to this release??:)
· For the playcount to update for a song, it has to be listened to for at least 2 minutes, or half the song, whichever comes first.