Loudhailer is a small and simple music player for the GNOME desktop
Loudhailer is an XMMS-like music player meant to integrate nicely in the GNOME desktop.
Its main interface is a playlist that is populated by drag and drop from your file manager, so it is not intended to be a library based player like Rhythmbox or Muine.
Loudhailer is written in C# and GTK# (runs with Mono) and uses GStreamer (part of GNOME) as a back-end for playing music.
The interaction with GStreamer is done via GST#, a C# wrapper library. The GST# dll is included in the distribution files since it is not widely available yet (current svn of GST# does not work with Loudhailer)
Loudhailer is licensed under the GPL (GNU General Public License).
Here are some key features of "Loudhailer":
· Plays several different audio types, like ogg, mp3, flac, wav, aac and wma
· Small and clean interface
· Drag and drop song support
· Seek support and searching of songs
· Optional tray icon
· GConf support
· Repeat and shuffle mode
· Reads song title and artist metadata if available
· Manages and stores the playlist on disk
· a recent GStreamer
· gst-plugins 0.8
· Mono 1.1.X
· GTK# 2.5.X
What's New in This Release:
· Some new minor features, UI changes and several bugs fixed.