KmusicdB is a music information manager.
KmusicdB enables you to take your collection of music (CDs, vinyl, whatever) and organize it for browsing and searching. KmusicdB has a variety of reports (see below). There is CDDB support (with search) which makes adding CDs a breeze. Its main goals are stability, speed, ease of use, and lots of features.
libdbmusic is the music database library which enables KmusicdB to perform actions on the database. It is available as a separate library for developers who are interested. libdbmusic is required to build KmusicdB.
Here are some key features of "KmusicdB":
· Create and connect to any local or remote PostgreSQL database.
· Backup and restore databases.
· Add, retrieve, delete, update artists, titles, tracks and categories (boxset, format, genre, label, method, type).
· A separate reporting class for creating and running custom reports.
· Multi-user compatible.
· Custom QListView that automatically sorted numbers and alphanumerics correctly.
· Populate QStringList or QListView with artists, titles, tracks or categories.
· Simple statistical functions (sums).
· A clean and stable interface.
· Customizable main display.
· Customizable startup options. Customizable defaults for artists, titles, databases, CDDB, etc.
· Flexible design, most popups are implemented non-modal.
· Adding, editing or deleting artists.
· Adding, editing, deleting titles (including album cover pic).
· Adding, editing or deleting tracks. Easy to use editor. Lyric support.
· Add/edit/delete boxset/format/genre/label/method/type/bands to explore. (Type is for Single, LP, etc., Format is for MiniDisc, DVD, CD, Vinyl, etc., Method is Live, Studio, etc.)
· Ability to generate customizable reports (sort, colors, restrict by collected, not collected, dates, font)
· Reports include: Artist, Collection, Date Range, Bands To Explore, Statistics, Tracks By Title, Titles By Artist, Top Titles and Custom
· The statistics report has a LOT of information on your database, including sums of artists, titles, tracks and length of tracks. Also included a listing of each category
· Also are 2 methods of searching your database.
· CDDB support (CDDBP, HTTP and proxy) to automatically add, submit and update your CDs via the internet.
· CDDB searching if you do not have the CD or it's on another media.
· Local CDDB lookup via KSCD.
· KDE3.3+ libraries
· Qt3.3+ libraries
· C/C++ libraries
· PostgreSQL 7.4.x
· Build Environment
· Sufficient access to a PostgreSQL database.
· A modern build environment (recent libtool, automake, gcc, binutils).
· libstdc++, C++ headers
· libc, C headers
· PostgreSQL libpq headers and library
· libkdecore, libkdeui, libkhtml, KDE headers
· libqt or libqt-mt, Qt3 headers
What's New in This Release:
· UTF8 is used exclusively.
· Building on 64-bit machines was fixed.
· The code works with KDE 3.5 and autoconf-2.60.
· Bugs were fixed.