KMidimon is a MIDI monitor for Linux using ALSA sequencer, with KDE user interface.
At some point, almost every serious MIDI musician needs to monitor a MIDI data stream, perhaps to diagnose a malfunctioning piece of equipment or to examine the contents of a MIDI sequence during playback.
Here are some key features of "KMidimon":
· Easy to use KDE graphic user interface
· Based on ALSA sequencer. Provides one input port to be connected to other programs and devices using the usual external tools (aconnect, kaconnect, QJackCtl...)
· Customizable event filters and sequencer parameters
· Supports all MIDI messages, including System Exclusive, and some ALSA messages
· Saves to a text file the recorded event list
· GPL licensed
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· requires Drumstick >= 0.5
· load and play OVE files (Overture), contributed by Rui Fan
· option to request real-time priority on MIDI input thread
· option to (not) resize columns while recording
· better reporting of file loading errors
· revised universal sysex messages translation