KMidiTracker is a MIDI step sequencer application.
A Step Sequencer is a sequencer in witch the MIDI notes are delivered at regular time intervals, usually a 1/4th of a quarter note. As such it is not as versatile as a regular sequencer as [Rosegarden], but allows very easy creation of loops and sequences. The use of the [MIDI Clock] allows several sequencers communicate clock events, so it is possible to join several sequencers, with diverse focus, to make one single synchronized composition.
KMidiTracker is similar to trackers like [FastTracker], [ScreamTracker] or [Buzz], but only the Tracker; no actual sound is emmited. Only MIDI signals.
The Tracker divides songs in tracks, each one have several patterns that are arranged as sequences. Time advance in steps that depend on tempo, and in each time step a new MIDI note may sound, or a controller event may be sent. You can have several columns of notes and/or controllers for each pattern, and pattern length is configurable.
Here are some key features of "KMidiTracker":
· MIDI oriented Step Sequencer
· ALSA MIDI input/output
· MIDI thru
· Keyboard input
· Graphical Controller edition
· Controllers include MIDI Controllers, SysEx Controllers and PitchBend
· MIDI Master Clock (master and slave)
· Linux RTC timer or MMC if avaliable for perfect timing
· Tracks and columns in patterns muteable
· SysEx parameters. Can be loaded from binary file, manually inserted in hex, or captured from midi input.
· Variable Time Signature
· KDE application: easy menu, toolbar and shortcuts changes
· Everything can be changed in realtime: notes, arrangement, loops, controllers, load/save, new tracks or patterns, delete tracks or patterns...
· [GPL] license
· ALSA driver