A MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4
KMid was developed more than ten years ago, so it was time for a revamping. KMid2 is a rewrite from scratch, with a new architecture and also some new features.
- Plays MIDI and Karaoke files.
- Playback to external hardware MIDI devices.
- Allows to use software synths as well.
- Tempo and volume controls.
- Pitch (transpose) control.
- Rhythm view (visual metronome).
- Configurable character encoding, font and color for lyrics.
- Playlists (song collections).
- MIDI Mapper.
- Channels window, with solo/muting controls and instrument selectors.
- Piano player window, using VMPK artwork and technology.
- Runs in Linux, using the ALSA Sequencer.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- New kmid_part. It is a KPart implementing KMediaPlayer interfaces. This component can be integrated easily in any KDE program as a simple ReadOnlyPart; for instance Konqueror can play MIDI files with it
- New DBus interfaces org.kde.KMid and org.kde.KMidPart
- libkmidbackend has some new methods, soversion bumped to 1.0.0
- New and updated translations