Tune musical instruments
* two systems of musical tuning: equal temperament and just intonation;
* three reference pitches: normal (440 Hz), French (435 Hz) and scientific (430.54 Hz);
* three sets of note names: English, German and Italian.
K4Guitune is a port to KDE4 of K3Guitune.
The estimated pitch is displayed on a bar. The detected pitch is shown by two triangles, showing whether the estimated pitch is lower or higher than the correct one. When they are both shown, as in the current example, the note is perfectly in tune (error < 2.5 cents).
Detailed information about the pitch detection are shown on the left: the estimated frequency is shown above and the estimated pitch is shown below. The program doesn't require to select the note to tune manually, but it will be found automatically.
The waveform of the input signal is plotted over a time scale of 20 milliseconds. The autocorrelation of the signal is displayed, with a red bar showing the estimated frequency.
The tuner uses the default OSS audio device. The desired recording source and the signal recording levels can be adjusted using a sound mixer.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed a crash when /dev/dsp is already in use. Now an error messagebox is displayed.
- Fixed a bug that caused settings to be changed only after application restart and not immediately after that change.